Early Childhood Education Non-Licensure Transfer

Program Description

Craven Community College’s AAS Early Childhood Education NON-LICENSURE TRANSFER degree prepares students to transfer into one of eight University of North Carolina institutions to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in a related Early Childhood non-licensure program. You will focus on important topics in early childhood such as development, learning assessment, special learners, and instructional strategy. Students will combine learned theories with practice in actual settings that include young children under the supervision of qualified teachers.

Admission Criteria

Admission to this AAS program requires that students be high school graduates or have a recognized equivalency.

Transfer Opportunities

The AAS Early Childhood Education NON-Licensure Transfer option is the result of a statewide articulation agreement between the NC Community College System and the University of North Carolina. The AAS ECE degree does not guarantee students acceptance into any bachelor program at UNC institutions. ECE graduates must meet applicable admission criteria and polices designated by, and earn admission into, the UNC institution of their choice.

UNC System Bachelor in Early Childhood Non-teaching licensure option, with corresponding Bachelor Degree title:

  • East Carolina University: Family and Community Services, Child Development Concentration
  • Elizabeth City State University: Child, Family and Community
  • Fayetteville State University: Birth-
    Kindergarten Non-Teaching
  • North Carolina Agricultural and
    Technical University: Child
    Development and Family Studies
  • North Carolina Central University: Family Consumer Sciences, Child Development and Family Relations Concentration
  • University of North Carolina Greensboro: Early Care and Education
  • Western Carolina University: Early Childhood
  • Winston-Salem State University: Early Intervention and Preschool Concentration or Business Optional Concentration

Career Opportunities

With this degree, you will have options to work in licensed childcare facilities as a lead teacher or center director/administrator. Individuals who earn the non-licensure early childhood degree may work in various agencies that serve young children, families, and early childhood educators, such as (including, but not limited to):

  • The Division of Child Development and Early Education
  • The North Carolina Early Intervention Branch (NCEI), which is part of the North Carolina Division of Public Health
  • Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R)
  • Smart Start/local Partnerships for Children

Contact Information

Associate Dean of Career Programs

Dean of Career Programs

Admissions Office

Degrees and Certificates