The following plan of study is the standard curriculum for the above program. Any deviation from the prescribed curriculum must have approval in advance. All Prerequisite course requirements must also be met. To graduate the student must successfully complete all the required courses, the required credit hours for electives, and have at least a 2.0 overall grade point average. This plan of study is subject to change when the college thinks such action is in the best interest of the student or the program. It is the responsibility of the student to meet requirements for graduation. If accepted students do not enroll for three successive semesters, they must contact the Admissions office to determine if readmission is necessary.
*This certificate program is only available to currently certified Medical Assistants who have at least a Diploma in Medical Assisting.
- Applicants must meet the developmental requirements for the general education courses that are part of the plan of study.
- Acceptance to the program based on admission criteria including 2.5 overall GPA
- CIS 110, CIS 111, or OST 137 are prerequisites for OST 280.
- A 2.0 is the minimum cumulative grade point average required for progression within the program.
- Successful completion of all courses as outlined in the master schedule – MED courses must be completed with a “B” or greater and support courses with a “C” or greater – required before students will be allowed to register for the succeeding semester.