Appeal Process/Reinstatement of Federal Aid Eligibility

Based upon mitigating circumstances, students may be granted exceptions to the College’s satisfactory academic progress policy. To apply for an exception, students must:

  • Submit a Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form.
  • Submit a letter explaining the situation and their education goals.
  • Submit documentation (doctor’s note, police report, social services report, obituary, etc.) with their request.

Students will be notified through college email if an exception has been granted or denied. Only one appeal may be made per academic termination.

If an appeal is approved for GPA, or passing percentage, the student is required to meet with the Director of the Academic Support Center, or the TRIO staff if you are a TRIO participant, before aid can be released.