Academic Forgiveness

A student who has not been enrolled in curriculum courses in the College for 24 consecutive months since their last grade of “F” may request that the Registrar re-evaluate the student’s academic records. This policy will allow a student to request that any previously earned grades of “F” be removed from the calculations of the cumulative grade point average. Prior to the re-evaluation, the student must enroll in the College and complete at least 12 credit hours with a minimum of a “C” (quality point average of 2.0) in each course. Previously earned grades of “F” will still be reflected on the transcript; however, at the student’s request, the Registrar will recalculate the student’s cumulative GPA as appropriate. This re-evaluation will be done only once for each student.